Key Notes below – Please watch the Video below for Installation support.
Why use this integration?
- Integration of Somfy RTS controller’s to the shades service with scene builds enabled.
- Blinds/curtains present in the pro app in the Shades service as a dimmer slider – 0-33% will trigger down and the slider will then snap to 0% – 34-66% will trigger stop and the slider will then snap to 50% – 67-100% will trigger open and the slider will then snap to 100%.
- Automatically restart when some issue happened
- Automatic state updates from Somfy to Savant after a reboot or power outage
- Automatic driver updates – Anytime we release an update to the driver your customer’s host will receive it and update between the hours of 2am-5am
Somfy Driver Connection Options
- Global Cache FLEX-IP-P-AU iTach Flex IP with PoE and FLC-SL-485 Flex Link Serial Cable (RS485) connected to a somfy RTS controller.
- Savant RS232 ports with RS485 adapters cannot be used with this integration, it simply will not work.
- The Global Cache unit should have a fixed IP and if using unifi network equipment we recommend a reservation as well.
- RS485 bus termination practices should be followed*
- 120ohm resistors at either end of the bus line
- No more than two RS485 lines from the GC unit.
- The integration supports an unlimited number of Somfy RTS controllers connected.
- Update GC firmware to version 710-3000-21 or newer**
Somfy Driver Installation Notes
Watch this video:
Required files found on the Neat Savant C-Bus Integration page – http://www.neatintegration.com/product/savant-somfy-integration-premium/ once checkout is complete files will be accessible.
Do not edit the somfy_rs485 rts.xml – Editing this file may cause the driver to not function – Edit at own Risk
Ensure the following settings are set in the global cache unit:
Global Cache Settings – Navigate to the global cache settings via it’s IP using a web browser. Ensure all the settings match these settings:
Cable Type: RS485 (THIS SHOULD AUTO DETECT WHEN YOU HAVE THE RS485 CABLE CONNECTED – IF IT DOES NOT AUTO DETECT YOUR UNIT IS FAULTY. WE HAVE SEEN THIS ON RARE OCCASIONS)
Baud Rate: 4800
Flow Control: None
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Gender Change: False
Purchasing and downloading the files
Firstly purchase the driver and then download this driver and place it into your downloads folder.
- Add Somfy profile into the Savant Blueprint
– Click “Show Library”
– Search “Somfy RS485 RTS”
– Drag $ Drop it into the Blueprint
– Rename -> “Somfy Blind Controller”
– Right click Somfy component & click “Show in Inspector”
- Set the state variable (if cbus has not been used, ignore any cbus settings)
– somfy_application -> cbus application (eg. 56 double check in the Cbus Toolkit)
– somfy_globalchache_hostname -> IP Address (already shown up in the iHelp)
– somfy_globalchache_hostport -> 4999 (default value)
– somfy_network -> cbus network (eg. 254 double check in the Cbus Toolkit)
– somfy_project -> CLIPSAL (double check in the Cbus Toolkit)
- Click Tools -> Settings -> Shades…
– Add new shades & Set Location, Entity (Single Motor Variable Shade) & Label
– Set Address : Somfy_Node_ID+Channel (eg. 05E04C+1)
– Set Address : cbus button address (double check in the Cbus Toolkit)
– Set Address : time from top to the bottom (normally 30s)
– Tips: If a remote controller should be used which is different from the screen remote controller (see controllers in the overview image), we can put any channel that has not been used in the blueprint. After pairing it in the savant later (next step), the channel has been occupied by another remote controller, but they are still under the same Somfy RTS Unit.
- Set the trigger which allows the system to update the driver files. Navigate to Review Triggers > Add new trigger and rename > Show the Services/Requests/States. Set the ‘Schedules’ every 5 minutes every day to check for an available update. Drag and Drop the new schedule created just now into ‘When any of these states change the value, evaluate the Rules’. Create a new request under the ‘General Programmable Service Requests’. Drag and Drop the new trigger into ‘then (request)’ and double click to open the workflow. Search ‘Run Shell Script’ and click. Copy and Paste the script into the terminal. (script attached in the download file)
- Save the configurations & Send the new profile into the savant host via Savant Application Manager
- Open a Terminal / Command Prompt
- ssh to the savant host using RPM
- ssh RPM@192.168.2.7
- Password: RPM
- Run -> zsh bin/driver2.sh restart
- After a few seconds, the driver should be started
As soon as the driver begins to run it will attempt to authenticate with neat’s server – If authentication fails and/or a licence has not been purchased (Plus processed – neat’s admin needs to confirm the order) the system will become unresponsive to Somfy commands after 24 Hours.
Anytime the host is restarted it will need to authenticate with neat’s server within 24 hours otherwise Somfy commands will become unresponsive.
The driver will try to call the neat server every 5 minutes to check for an available update.
If everything is connected and there is no feedback on the driver and blinds are not working from Savant check:
Ensure the driver is running with $ driver status
Correct Addresses in the lighting table
System Monitor > Component status, is the Somfy profile getting feedback from the network
Ensure the cable is plugged incorrectly
Recheck the steps above
Email Neat Integration
Please enjoy this savant somfy integration driver to intuitively control your home from a single app