Key Notes below – Please watch the Video below for Installation support.
Why use this integration?
- Ness D8/16 offers seamless two-way integration with security service.
- The scene builds for access control are also enabled.
- Support Savant v9.4 native notifications (Armed, Disarmed, Burglar Alarm).
How to use this Integration?
Ness D8/16 Driver Installation Notes
Watch this video:
Required files found on the Neat Savant Integration page – http://www.neatintegration.com/product/savant-Ness D8/16-integration-premium/ once checkout is complete files will be accessible.
Do not edit the envy_security.xml – Editing this file may cause the driver to not function – Edit at own Risk
The dollar sign (‘$’) is ignored when writing the code into a terminal
Purchasing and downloading the files
Firstly purchase the driver and then download this driver and place it into your downloads folder.
- Add security profile into the Savant Blueprint
– Click “Show Library”
– Search “security”
– Drag $ Drop it into the Blueprint
– Rename -> “Security”
– Right-click the Security component & click “Show in Inspector”
– AlarmZones-> 1 = 1-7 (partition 1, 7 zones total)
– ControllerAddress -> 192.168.253.21:4999 (global cache ip address + port)
– ControllerType -> D8 (or ‘D16X’)
– ReadyZones-> 1 = 1-7 (ready for alarm zones, or you can skip a specific zone to arm the alarm – eg: 1 = 1, 2, 4, 8)
- Click Tools -> Settings -> Security System…
- – Add new Zones & Set Location, Entity (Partition and Zones) & Label & Zone Number
- Set the trigger which allows the system to update the driver files. Navigate to Review Triggers > Add new trigger and rename > Show the Services/Requests/States. Set the ‘Schedules’ every 5 minutes every day to check for an available update. Drag and Drop the new schedule created just now into ‘When any of these states change the value, evaluate the Rules’. Create a new request under the ‘General Programmable Service Requests’. Drag and Drop the new trigger into ‘then (request)’ and double click to open the workflow. Search ‘Run Shell Script’ and click. Copy and Paste the script into the terminal. (script attached in the download file)
- Save the configurations & Send the new profile into the savant host via Savant Application Manager
- Open a Terminal / Command Prompt
- ssh to the savant host using RPM
- ssh RPM@192.168.2.7
- Password: RPM
- Run -> zsh bin/driver2.sh restart
- After a few seconds, the driver should be started
As soon as the driver begins to run it will attempt to authenticate with neat’s server – If authentication fails and/or a license has not been purchased (Plus processed – neat’s admin needs to confirm the order) the system will become unresponsive to commands after 24 Hours.
Anytime the host is restarted it will need to authenticate with neat’s server within 24 hours otherwise commands will become unresponsive.
The driver will try to call the neat server every 5 minutes to check for an available update.
If everything is connected and there is no feedback on the driver and blinds are not working from Savant check:
Ensure the driver is running with $ driver status
Correct Addresses in the lighting table
System Monitor > Component status, is the Security profile getting feedback from the network
Ensure the cable is plugged in correctly
Recheck the steps above
Email Neat Integration
Please enjoy this savant Security integration driver to intuitively control your home from a single app