Key Notes below – Please watch the Video below for Installation support.
Why use this integration?
- Integration of Bond controller’s to the shades service with scene builds enabled.
- Blinds/curtains present in the pro app in the Shades service as a dimmer slider – 0-33% will trigger down and the slider will then snap to 0% – 34-66% will trigger stop and the slider will then snap to 50% – 67-100% will trigger open and the slider will then snap to 100%.
- Automatically restart when some issue happened
- Automatic state updates from Bond to Savant after a reboot or power outage
- Automatic driver updates – Anytime we release an update to the driver your customer’s host will receive it and update between the hours of 2am-5am
Bond Driver Installation Notes
Watch this video:
Required files found on the Neat Savant C-Bus Integration page – http://www.neatintegration.com/product/savant-bond-integration-premium/ once checkout is complete files will be accessible.
Do not edit the bond_bridge.xml – Editing this file may cause the driver to not function – Edit at own Risk
Purchasing and downloading the files
Firstly purchase the driver and then download this driver and place it into your downloads folder.
- Add Bond profile into the Savant Blueprint
– Click “Show Library”
– Search “Bond”
– Drag $ Drop it into the Blueprint
– Rename -> “Bond Blind Controller”
- Click Tools -> Settings -> Shades…
– Add new shades & Set Location, Entity (Variable Shade) & Label
– Set Address : Put blind name as in Bond Home App.
- Set the trigger which allows the system to update the driver files. Navigate to Review Triggers > Add new trigger and rename > Show the Services/Requests/States. Set the ‘Schedules’ every 5 minutes every day to check for an available update. Drag and Drop the new schedule created just now into ‘When any of these states change the value, evaluate the Rules’. Create a new request under the ‘General Programmable Service Requests’. Drag and Drop the new trigger into ‘then (request)’ and double click to open the workflow. Search ‘Run Shell Script’ and click. Copy and Paste the script into the terminal. (script attached in the download file)
- Save the configurations & Send the new profile into the savant host via Savant Application Manager
- Open a Terminal / Command Prompt
- ssh to the savant host using RPM
- ssh RPM@192.168.2.7
- Password: RPM
- Run -> zsh bin/driver2.sh restart
- Power Cycle Bond
- After a few seconds, the driver should be started
As soon as the driver begins to run it will attempt to authenticate with neat’s server – If authentication fails and/or a licence has not been purchased (Plus processed – neat’s admin needs to confirm the order) the system will become unresponsive to Bond commands after 24 Hours.
Anytime the host is restarted it will need to authenticate with neat’s server within 24 hours otherwise Bond commands will become unresponsive.
The driver will try to call the neat server every 5 minutes to check for an available update.
If everything is connected and there is no feedback on the driver and blinds are not working from Savant check:
Ensure the driver is running with $ driver status
Correct Addresses in the lighting table
System Monitor > Component status, is the Bond profile getting feedback from the network
Ensure the cable is plugged incorrectly
Recheck the steps above
Email Neat Integration
Please enjoy this savant bond integration driver to intuitively control your home from a single app